Class IV Therapeutic LASER
We are excited to introduce our new Class IV therapeutic LASER at Country Oaks Animal Hospital. Therapeutic LASER has a wide range of applications in veterinary medicine all of which have the ability to improve the quality of life for our companion animals. The biological effects of the Class IV LASER are varied, but the end result from the patient perspective is reduction in pain, swellling and inflammation. These therapeutic LASERS are popular in humans as well for the reduction of pain without the potential side effects of pharmaceuticals.
Some of the most common indications for Class IV Therapeutic LASER are…
- Pain and stiffness from osteoarthritis… hip, back, shoulder and elbow
- Pain and stiffness from hip and elbow dysplasia common in our large breed dogs
- Inflammation and discomfort associated with intervertebral disc disease (back pain)
- Acute injuries such as ligament and tendon strains and sprains
- Inflammation associated with severe ear infections and “lick granulomas
Laser Therapy is proven to bio-stimulate tissue repair and growth. The Laser accelerates wound healing, and decreases inflammation, pain, as well as scar tissue formation. When it comes to pain management, Class IV Lasers are a side effect free and non-addictive treatment that provide dramatic results.
Positive Effects of K-Laser on the Body
- Improves and promotes healing
- Reduces pain and spasm
- Increases joint flexibility
- Reduces symptoms of osteoarthritis
- Improves peripheral microcirculation
- Detoxifies and eliminates trigger points
- Advanced pain relief
Benefits to the Patient
- Faster patient satisfaction
- Deeper penetration than Class III lasers
- Delivers more laser energy to the target tissues
- Faster treatment times
- Effective treatment in minutes
- Faster patient recovery time
Treatment protocols vary based on patient size and type of problem. Acute injuries typically only require one to two LASER therapy sessions to accelerate healing. Chronic problems such as the pain from hip dysplasia or arthritis typically receive a series of six to twelve treatments over a two to three week period to achieve the best results.
Please feel free to call our office (727-785-6524) for more information on this revolutionary new pain relief modality. Click the logo below to visit the K-LASER website or watch this short video.
We found an interesting article from the Veterinary College at the University of Florida regarding their success with low level laser therapy in patients with spinal cord damage. To read about these very exciting study results, click here.